. . . it really helps to use up all those fresh tomatoes from your garden. You could even use your outdoor grill to heat them if you wanted to -- just be sure to watch them closely! I make these with Fabulous FlatsTM brand Tandoori Naan bread vs. ready made pizza crust. The Naan bread tastes much better than BOBOLI crust AND it has fewer calories (only 150 vs. 200 per serving). The Naan comes in a couple different flavors as well as a Whole-Grain version. This recipe serves 1 person -- so be sure to have enough ingredients on hand to make several of these at once if you've got a crowd to please!
1 Fabulous FlatsTM brand Tandoori Naan
1 Small Garlic Clove minced
1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Small to Medium Tomato - 4 slices
1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
4 Fresh Basil Leaves sliced into ribbons
Italian Seasoning and Crushed Red Pepper to taste
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees
- Heat Olive Oil in small saute pan set on medium heat
- Add minced Garlic to pan with Olive Oil and cook until Garlic softens slightly; about 1 minute
- Place Naan bread on a cookie sheet and brush top of bread with the Olive Oil and Garlic mixture; now top with the Mozzarella Cheese and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and Red Pepper is desired
- Add Tomato slices and then sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese over the top
- Place in oven and cook for 10 to 12 Minutes; be sure the check on it half way through
- Once it's out of the oven add the fresh Basil on top and ENJOY!!