2 Bags of Frozen Peach Slices - 16oz each (defrosted)
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Box of Almond Paste OR Marzipan -- .7oz
1 Jar of Apricot Preserves -- 11.3 oz
2 Pie Crusts -- make your own or use a prepared crust from dairy case
Egg Wash -- 1 Egg beaten with 1 Teaspoon Cold Water
1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar for sprinkling over the top (1/2 Tblspn each)
- Preheat oven to 375o
- Place Almond Paste OR Marzipan and Apricot Preserves in microwave safe bowl; heat for about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to food processor and process into a smooth paste. Set aside to cool. The paste will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Defrost Peach Slices and combine with ¼ cup Sugar and 1 tspn Cinnamon. Set aside.
- Unroll and place each prepared pie crust on a rimless cookie sheet.
You can roll the dough out a little if you’d like your tarts to be bigger – just use some flour and a rolling pin – don’t roll it out too thin though! Also feel free to make your own homemade pie pastry; be sure to make enough pastry for 2 tarts.
- Spread the center of each pie crust with half of the Almond-Apricot mixture to within about 2 inches of the edge.
- Strain Peach mixture to remove excess liquid; place half of the peaches over top of the paste mixture on each tart. Pile the peaches up a bit if you need to -- be sure to keep the edge of the pie crust clear so it can be folded up and partly over the peaches prior to baking.
- Roughly fold the edge of the pie crust up over the top of the peaches on each tart (peaches in center of tart will be exposed). Brush the folded edges of each tart with the egg wash and then sprinkle 1/2 Tblspn of sugar over the top of each one. The egg wash will help create a really nice golden brown crust.
- Bake at 375o for 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 6-8 people.