4 chicken cutlets, each 4 to 5 ounces and 1/4-inch thick
¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
1 Bag of Baby Spinach Leaves (washed & well drained)
Olive oil, for frying
- Place cutlets in a shallow dish and coat thoroughly with mustard.
- Bread cutlets: Heat oven to 250 degrees. Then, in a shallow dish, whisk to combine bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese, salt, and ground pepper. Coat each cutlet with the bread crumb mixture, patting the cutlets firmly so the coating adheres. Place coated cutlets on a plate or a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Pan-fry: Heat about 4 to 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat until it starts to ripple and/or slightly smoke. Cook cutlets until golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Gently flip and fry until the other side is golden brown and cutlets are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and keep warm in the oven.
- Wilted Spinach: After frying the Chicken, use the same pan for the spinach (leave any bits of olive oil and chicken coating in there). Add the Baby Spinach leaves to the hot pan and gently toss them around in the drippings allowing the leaves to wilt slightly – this doesn’t take long! Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Chicken cutlets with your favorite mashed potato recipe and the wilted spinach. Serves 4.