Friday, April 3, 2009

Dad's Meatloaf with Tomato Relish by Tyler Forence

This week I made the MOST AMAZING meatloaf. Ok, ok, everyone just CALM DOWN. I know that meatloaf isn't the MOST awe inspiring dish . . . but this particular one IS! It had my husband sneaking bites of it before it was even out of the oven (see pic). My hubby even made me put the leftovers in the "garage fridge" because the sight of it was distracting him . . . he couldn't stop eating it.

The recipe is from Tyler Florence . . . (sultry voice) HELLO Tyler Florence. I first fell for this guy when he did Food 911. He would visit some "helpless" soul (usually a female) in their home and help them cook a dish that they considered to be impossible, thereby making it a "Food 911". I never made it on the show . . . but I'm pretty sure that I've got at least a dozen Food 911's that Tyler could help me out with. Just saying.

ANYWAY, since getting "busted" for Copyright infringement or plagiarism doesn't sound like my idea of "fun" I'm just going to post the link to the Food Network listing for Tyler's awesome recipe. It's called Dad's Meatloaf with Tomato Relish. The only thing that would make this recipe better is if you make a double batch of the Tomato Relish . . . trust me you are going to WANT it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kay, we really were blown away by the Meatloaf the other week! You've re-interested me in making this "family favorite" that I've not made in about a year! Stan is almost watering at the mouth because I've mentioned what was on top of it! Ha! Bacon, bacon, bacon!
Can't wait to see how it turns out...my only issue is that it takes so long to cook!

KayBeth said...

Hi Cassie -- you can reduce the cooking time by making multiple mini-meatloaf logs. Try dividing the mixture into 4 even logs instead of 1 big one. Keep an eye on them, but that could cut the cooking time down to an hour or maybe even to 45 minutes.